Saturday, February 27, 2016

[big news and a little bit of creativity]

Well, hello. I've really not been a great keeper of the blog these past few months. Truth be told, I've had a hard time being a great keeper of anything. I hope to change that. In all areas of my life.

My starting point is this...I will be submitting my letter of resignation to the school district next week. Yikes. 

This year of leave has been the best thing for our little family. It just works for us.

But as much as I've loved being home... As much as I've loved being able to be here when Goosey gets home from school... As much as I've loved getting stuff done during the day (which happens a lot less frequently than it should...)... I've missed teaching.

We're not willing to give up that time together. Or that peace that is in our home when I'm not so stressed about testing and observations and school.

But I miss teaching. 

Over the past 2 weeks, a series of tender mercies have occurred that have led us directly to the next fork in the road.

I will be submitting that letter of resignation. And embarking on my life-long dream of opening my own preschool. What the freaking heck?! Ha! There is an undercurrent of excitement in my home. I know Kenton is smiling so big at this decision. We're all thrilled that this is happening. 

I meet Thursday with our city council for final approval. And with that, the Little Fireflies Learning Center will be up and running fall 2016.

The flexibility offered by teaching from my home is so great. My own hours, my own curriculum, super small class sizes, and the opportunity to teach again! 

This also allows me to continue my work with a couple of different digital scrapbook designers, continue to be "scrapbook mom" for 5 (soon to be 6) missionaries, and most off all, allows me to be MOM. (McKayslin is super excited about pre-school and knowing she gets to help on her days off from school!).

So...in the coming weeks/months/years - MamaGoose will look an awful lot the same (only more frequent!) - recipes, scrapbooking, life in general - but with the addition of some fun preschool stuff! 

Yesterday was new release day for Dandelion Dust Designs' latest kit called Thanks so Much. 

















I love the colors in this kit and can see it being used so many different ways! So far I've only played with it long enough for one layout, but I have a whole lot of ideas for this one! :)

















Sure do miss this handsome boy of mine!

Thanks for sticking with me through all the crazy! 

I'll be back on Monday for #MenuPlanMonday!

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment