Monday, May 9, 2016

[Menu Plan Monday] May 9, 2016

Last week, I somehow aggravated an old injury in my back. Usually when this happens, I am out of commission for a couple of days. I'm on day 10 and still hurting. Last week I didn't do much of anything. We ate out almost every single night. Not good on the checkbook. 

This week, still feeling not great, I'm going to attempt the following meal plan. I may need to make adjustments, but I think I kept things simple enough that it will be okay...

Turkey steak, mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables
Waffles, sausage, eggs, fruit
Chicken Alfredo with broccoli
BBQ chicken, funeral potatoes, salad
Steak, baked potatoes, green beans
Cheeseburgers, fries, fruit
Ham, eggs, biscuits
Cordon bleu pasta, salad, foccacia bread


And if not, well, cold cereal it is. :)

"I could eat a stick dipped in that sauce" Alfredo...
Melt 3 TBSP butter with 2 TBSP olive oil.
Stir in 2 tsp minced garlic.
Cook and stir for a couple of minutes.
Whisk in 1 pint heavy cream, salt and pepper to taste.
Heat over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until it starts to simmer.
Simmer and stir until sauce thickens.
Remove from heat. 
Whisk in 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (the real stuff).
When that's fully melted, whisk in 3/4 cup grated mozzarella.
Whisk until melted. 
Serve hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment